Have a great time Sis!!!! I am soooooo jealous (but you knew that). Congrats on the blog, I know it will make for "brilliant" reading. Don't forget to drink a half pint (remain a lady) of cider everyday and also to ask what the "trade price" is at ALL the antique markets and fleas.
Hey Sis! Sounds like you are already completely into "Brit" mode. Remember if you need to travel anymore by train, by your ticket at least a day in advance and the price will be much lower. Did you purchase an oyster card for the Tube. You can load it for several days making it easy to use and then you only need to tap it at the turnstiles. Friday should be the Portobello flea and there should be dealers set up at the sounth end of Portobello in the morning. Look for a short, stout fellow named Steve from Southhampton. Usually find a few deals in his stall. Remember the early bird gets the worm!!! You can always sleep on the flight back :) Don't forget to eat at Bella Italia(?). Love, Den
I really miss the mango chicken salad sandwiches from Griggs, so have one for me! Also, if you like Magner's, you MUST order a Magner's with blackcurrent. Very delish, and you can't get them stateside. [sigh] Sounds like you're having a great time, and I'm so envious...
So glad you found Liberty! I still have a scarf I bought there in the sixties (it looks very sixties too). You are going to all the places that are in my old living and working areas! I'm interested in the picture you got on Bayswater Road. That's a great walk on a Sunday!
Hey Sis! You have me a little nervous this morning! Kempton Park in Sudbury not Sunbury on the Thames! Guess that you will have an adventure no matter what. I really should have been with you on this trip.....just to show you the ropes. Sounds like you are having a great time!!! I am in serious need of a trip over now. Don't forget to try a White Cheddar Ploughman's with a nice chutney. If you get near Fortnum & Masons I would LOVE a jar of carmelized onion chutney :)
There isn't a craft I haven't tried over the past 30 years, but none have held my attention for more than a few years. As a 4th generation quilter I feel that quilting is really where my love lies, especially in traditional quilts similar to the ones I was raised around. So a quilting and traveling I go.
12 comments:
Have a great time. I will be reading your posts...this will be really fun and interesting.
Have a great time Sis!!!! I am soooooo jealous (but you knew that). Congrats on the blog, I know it will make for "brilliant" reading. Don't forget to drink a half pint (remain a lady) of cider everyday and also to ask what the "trade price" is at ALL the antique markets and fleas.
Hi Jack!!
I'm glad you made it there safely. I hope you find many treasures.
I like your brothers post, remain a lady...maybe I will and maybe I won't :)
I hope you got some sleep! Your last post was at 4:15am - is that our time or yours?
Have a great time and I'm looking forward to hearing more.
Linda
PS - I'd go for the half-pint of bitter, myself!
Hey Sis! Sounds like you are already completely into "Brit" mode. Remember if you need to travel anymore by train, by your ticket at least a day in advance and the price will be much lower. Did you purchase an oyster card for the Tube. You can load it for several days making it easy to use and then you only need to tap it at the turnstiles. Friday should be the Portobello flea and there should be dealers set up at the sounth end of Portobello in the morning. Look for a short, stout fellow named Steve from Southhampton. Usually find a few deals in his stall. Remember the early bird gets the worm!!! You can always sleep on the flight back :) Don't forget to eat at Bella Italia(?). Love, Den
I really miss the mango chicken salad sandwiches from Griggs, so have one for me! Also, if you like Magner's, you MUST order a Magner's with blackcurrent. Very delish, and you can't get them stateside. [sigh] Sounds like you're having a great time, and I'm so envious...
So glad you found Liberty! I still have a scarf I bought there in the sixties (it looks very sixties too). You are going to all the places that are in my old living and working areas! I'm interested in the picture you got on Bayswater Road. That's a great walk on a Sunday!
Hey Sis! You have me a little nervous this morning! Kempton Park in Sudbury not Sunbury on the Thames! Guess that you will have an adventure no matter what. I really should have been with you on this trip.....just to show you the ropes. Sounds like you are having a great time!!! I am in serious need of a trip over now. Don't forget to try a White Cheddar Ploughman's with a nice chutney. If you get near Fortnum & Masons I would LOVE a jar of carmelized onion chutney :)
Post a Comment