Friday, April 9, 2010

Portabello flea

Today was supposed to be the Portabello flea and the quilt exhibit at the Victoria and Albert Museum, but things didn't quite go as planned.  My neighbors partied until 1 am this morning so I had a very late night.  So I didn't make the 5:30 alarm that I had set.  I was up by 7 though. 

Decided to try to find a tube station near the end of Portabello and make my way back toward the hotel.  After a couple of missteps I fould the Hammersmith line Ladbroke station got me just where I needed to be.  There were a medium amount of vendors today.  Dennis, not sure the banana box vendor was there.  Then walked back up Portobello road to the tube station.  By that time the feet and shins were bothering again.  So I picked up a cheese and tomato sandwich and some crisps and went back to the hotel for a rest.  That rest turned into a 2 hour nap, but this is vacation. 



Portobello Road


But then it was too late to do the V&A because they close at 5:45.  So I took the tube down to Oxford Circus and worked my way back toward Marble Arch.  Forgot it was Friday night, never seen so many people out, but I would get it hit 68-70 degrees today so everyone was enjoying the weather.  Came back to Queensway and had dinner about 7 pm at the italian restaurant, risoto and an italian lager.  It's about 9:05 now. 

Bella Italia is a chain of restaurants in England.  It was a good reliable place for dinner, where the food was always good and the Italian waiters were always friendly.

The full Portabello flea is tomorrow.

Cheers!