Monday, April 19, 2010

Not Having Fun Anymore

Well, it's official, I'm not having fun anymore.  Well, not really, but it is getting more stressful. This morning I awoke to the news that flights are now cancelled through 1 am on Tuesday.  My flight is scheduled for 9 am Tuesday.  I got a sweet email from my niece today that cheered me up.  Evidently she and her husband were talking about the volcano and that Aunt Jackie might be stuck on this island.  Jack, 3 years old, right away said that "You need to go rescue Aunt Jackie." How wonderful.  He's the one who evidently made the comment that, men drive trucks, women drive cars and aunt jackie drives a lady truck.  You see I drive a small Colorado pick up with 2 quilts painted on the tailgate.  Guess that qualifies it as a "lady truck".

I am going to have to try to contact Delta and Expedia today and maybe the american embassy as well. I really don't want to go to the trouble of going from the UK to France and then on to Spain to find open air space. Evidently I was just talking to a young american couple here from Colorado.  They checked with the desk about extending their stay and were told they had to call a booking agent to see if they could extend.  I think I will check with the Columbia and Westminster where I have stayed before to see if they have rooms and the cost. I keep telling myself I can deal with this but am not totally convinced.

UPDATE:  I was able to book another night at my current hotel.  But still hoping that my flight goes out tomorrow.  Guess I've done all I can for now.  I'll have to wait until morning to see if they have lifted the ban.  Guess I'll set the alarm for 4 am so I can check and make sure I have enough time to get to the airport if it is a go. Will go rest and relax for a little while before deciding what to go about supper.  Went down to Covent Gardens this morning for a little while to occupy my mind.

Well, wish me luck.