Wednesday, April 7, 2010

arrived safely

Arrived in London about 7:45 am on Wednesday.  Had a tailwind so it was only a five hour flight. Cool, high 40's here and misty and raining on and off all day.  Hotel room wasn't ready until noon and I was here by 10 so went and revisited many of the shops on Queensgate to just be sure what was still here.  I know Dennis advises against it on the first day  but after doing a lot of walking and having really sore feet from the shoes I wore, came back to the hotel about 2 and had a little nap.  Went to dinner about 4 and had my first glass of cider, cheers!.  Now am back at hotel to set up my pantry, find out what the weather is supposed to be tomorrow and then plan my day.



 Tomorrow may be York or Bond Street, Liberty of London and the fabric shops, weather will tell. Wi-fi isn't working at the hotel so I am using the computer in their business center. You get 15 minutes of time for £1.  Will try to add some photo's tomorrow if they have resolved the problem as there is no way to hook camera up and transfer photos.  Well, tally ho!