Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Kempton Park Antique Market

With my ticket in hand from yesterday I set off before 7 am to catch the train to Sunbury on Thames for an antique market Dennis had told me about.  I had looked it up on the internet so knew that it would be a bit of a walk from the train station.  Imagine my dismay as I approached as saw a sign about the Thursday market.  But I proceeded on anyway hoping that there was a market today as well.  And I was in luck, there was.

The market kind of reminds me of the Ann Arbor market or the old antique shows at the old Civic Center in Lansing 30 years ago.  There were vendors in the betting area, in front of the stands, behind the stands and along the back road.  It was very interesting, lots of people, vendors from France as well as England.  I only found one small items that loosened my purse strings.



Caught the train back at 12:15 and arrived back at my home tube station by 1:45.  Had an early dinner/late lunch, picked up a few items and settled in.

Tomorrow is Bond street and some of the fabric shops.  Thursday is Paris at 4 am, ugh.  Well, must close, have to look up direction to a fabric shop.

Cheers!