Well the title says it all. There was some confusion on Wednesday morning about whether the flight was going to go. After calling a local number for Delta and spending an hour on hold, they confirmed that the flight was going to go. I wasn't sure how long the lines would be so I went to Paddington Station about 9:30 to catch the Heathrow Express. I was amazed how few people were on the train, and even more surprised at how few people were at the airport. It only took about 10 minutes to check in and get through security. That's a first. I then settled in to wait for the gate to be announced. Flight left on time.
Atlanta is where things started to go awry. The flight was half an hour late leaving. By the time we arrived in Detroit, I got out of the back of the plane, and got my luggage, the last Michigan Flyer bus was gone!! That was it, I had reached the end of my rope. I had been up at least 18 hours and was the last person left at the airport.
Finally after having a bit of a breakdown, I found some pay phones (a rarity in these days of cell phone) that I could use my credit card on. I tried Dennis, but of course his cell was probably turned off. So I bit the bullet and call Mike and he said he would come down and pick me up. I can't say thank you enough Mike. Once again you were the white knight who came to my rescue.
Got home about 3 am and fell into my nice big bed and slept like a stone. I was up about 7:45, although I still feel like I'm walking on eggshells. Will be back at work on Monday.
All in all it was a wonderful trip, but think I will keep future adventures continental.
Will try to finally add some pics to my blog.
Cheers!
The chickens won............
6 hours ago
