Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Laundry, Mailing, banking

Today was partly catch up day.  I found out early the hotel doesn't offer laundry service but will send items out for a per item price.  Forget that.  I had seen a coin laundry on Queensway so I loaded up and walked down there.  Had my laundry done in about an hour and headed back to the hotel.

I was going to mail back some of the quilting books I have picked.  Stopped after laundry at post office to buy a smaller box as the one I bought yesterday proved to be much too big.  Loaded, sealed and labeled the box and then toted it 4-5 blocks back to the post office.  Only to find that it would cost £78.00 to ship it.  It should cost a lot less to just pay for a heavy bag coming back.  So I toted it back to the hotel.  Now I must admit in the days before menapause by now I would have been having a bad day and probably a good cry.  But I soldiered on. I went over to the bank to withdraw some cash and got a message that I couldn't get any.  Now hang on a minute.  I know I set up a good reserve for my vacation, what was going on.  I decided to check on it further when I came back.

 I was looking for a shop I had found online that sold patchwork cottons.  What a disappointment.  No cottons at all so I walked down Bond Street (the Rodeo Drive of London) to Piccadilly and then onto Piccadilly Circus.  But decided my feet hurt quite enough, shin splints are still terrible and it was time to head back.



When I got back decided to check quick with the credit union about the cash.  Seems they had been taking my withdrawls out of the wrong sub account.  Hopefully I have that straightened out.  It's only about 3:45 pm now so after I give my feet a rest I will head over to the bank again to be sure.

I have a 5 am pickup tomorrow morning for my day trip to Paris.  Fortunately the tour company will pick me up at my hotel, so all I have to do is be up waiting for them at 5 am.  It will be a late day tomorrow and I will not be back until almost 11 pm. So there will be a gap.

Cheers for now.