Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Day 7 - 2nd day in Venice

The second day I had scheduled the "Secret Venice Walking Tour.  Since the departure time for this tour I had to be up at 6 am to get to the gathering point to join the group and leave the ship at 7:30 am
The walking tour was 4 hours and then we had some time on our own but had to be back to the ship by 6 pm.  At the terminal we got on a smaller boat that took us west and around the end of the islands to the back canals.

Something that hadn't occurred to me was how all the daily supplies got to the island.  I think most come by rail and then are loaded onto these smaller boats that then got through the canals to deliver items.

Once we had gotten to the back of the island we got off and began our 4 hr. walking tour.





Business on the 1st and 2nd floors, living space on 3rd.


Since all the building are build one onto another, each island has a little square where kids can get out and plan and older people can sit and visit under the shade of a tree.









1 comment:

Carol Sc said...

Not sure I could walk for four hours. :-) Very interesting buildings.