The tour guild took a long time telling the story of Marco Polo and how this was his home. After he had us hook, line and sinker he admitted that no one is sure this was his home, but it's a good place to stop in the tour.
Bell towers galore.
This was the little restaurant that I found for lunch. Had pizza.
Most of the morning walk was not very crowded. Looked at some glass shops and of course jewelry always catches my eye. As I got closer to Piazza San Marco it started getting much more crowded.
The bell tower in Piazza San Marco.
Basilica San Marco
These are the shops surrounding Piazza San Marco.
This is some of the interesting jewelry in those shops.
The Doge's Palace
This is the Torre dell'Orologio, a 15th century clock tower.
The winged lion of St. Mark.
I think I headed for the shuttle back to the ship about 2:30 pm. The ship sailed at 8 pm, and I never wanted to risk missing the last shuttle. Besides by then I was pretty tired and looked forward to a short nap. And to see how Deborah enjoyed her excursion that day.
Tomorrow we have a day in Split, Croatia.

No comments:
Post a Comment