Thursday, June 15, 2017

Day 6 - Venice, Italy

I'm not sure what time we left Kotor.  Probably as soon as everyone was back aboard, because we had to cross the Adriatic Sea as our next destination was Venice, Italy. There was quite a storm overnight but I never heard it.  But did look out the window a couple of times to see how high the waves were. Venice was going to be a 2 day stay.

We didn't arrive in Venice until after 1 pm.  So the morning was spent getting a little sun and lunch.  Everyone was on deck taking lots of photos as we entered the Canale Della Giudecca headed for the terminal.






Piazza San Marco




At 4:15 pm we finally docked and got off the boat for my first excursion.  I took the Venice panorama, a tour on a private motor boat that took us to see all the islands in the lagoon.
This was a nice way to get an overview.  Tour took a little over 2 hours.








Venice at sunset

I got back about 6:58 pm, had dinner and retired for the night as I knew I has a four hour walking tour scheduled for tomorrow.

I'm not sure which tour Debra took today.  I know on one of the two days she took the tour to Murano glass and Burano lace. She even bought a chandler which really intrigued many of the quilters.

1 comment:

Carol Sc said...

What is a chandler?