Sunday was the day to move on in our tour. We left Galway this morning and headed for Killarney. We drove along the coastline and traveled through an area known as the Burren.
| Talk about a house by the side of the road, Whew! |
We stopped here to have a bit of a stretch and a photo opportunity. Noel explained that here along the coast the walls are built more "open" because if they were build as solid as further inland, the winds off the Atlantic would just topple them over.
| A little wild Irish rose |
Now it was back on the bus and onto the Cliffs of Moher. Most days lunch was catch as catch can. Noel let us know that there was a visitor's center at the Cliffs and it has a cafeteria. We had probably two hours here, so it was up to us how we spent our time. So I and Mickey grabbed a quick bowl of soup and then I started out. I kept in mind that these sights were something that I had trained to enjoy. Yes it was a lot of stair climbing, but I didn't want to miss these sights.
Next stop was the village of Adare. It is a quaint town with some cute thatched roof shops and a nice city center. We had time to walk around and get an ice cream, unfortunately, the kid sold out just as I decided to give in and have one. Saved by fate.
The next two are examples of how moist the air is over here. A seed will take room anywhere, the wall of your house or the top of your chimney.
I'm always fascinated by little alley ways and courtyards and would love to snoop, but stop just short.
Soon after Adare the weather changed as well. We drove along the coast on our way to Killarney.
This was an island off the shore called the sleeping man. If you look from right to left you can see his head, neck, chest, hands resting on his stomach and then the rest of him.
Will continue day 9's adventures tomorrow.

No comments:
Post a Comment