Monday, May 23, 2011

What a weekend

Saturday was a whopper of a day.  I started off by having breakfast with a high school friend.  Then on to: an estate sale, a massage, running errands, the East Lansing Arts Festival and lastly the Capitol City Quilt Guild Show.

I enjoyed all if it.  It was extremely hot at the Arts Show.  I knew I only had from noon to 5 to do both the arts festival and the quilt show.  So I opted to only do the craft side of the arts show, which centers around the Union Building.  Lots of interesting items.  I, like Linda K, spent a lot of time looking at the yard art done by a welder who used everything from silverware to tools.  But the booth that got me was the one with concrete yard items.  Here is my beauty...



I'm thinking I need a chennile plant so she looks like she has a hat on.  But we'll see.

Then on to the quilt show.  I got there about 2:30.  We, CCQG, always to a nice show.  Here are a few of my favorites from the show.


This bug greeted attendees as they arrived at the quilt show.















Sunday was spent helping my brother prepare a house for an estate sale.  Although in rough shape, can you imagine waking up each morning with this cheery wallpaper?


No comments: