Thursday, March 8, 2018

Afternoon in Rome

Well I guess this will be my final post.  I have not been able to upload any pictures from Rome or the rest of my trip.

Our last stop before lunch was the Colosseum.  I found myself looking at the structure and the number of bricks it took to make just one arch.  And my thoughts went to the slave who must have made the hundreds of millions of bricks to construct it.  It was a phenomenal feat.

For lunch we ate as a supper club that caters to bus trips at lunch time.  It was an old warehouse right on the river.  We had a nice lunch of salad, lasagna, tiramisu and wine.  They warned us to not drink too much wine as it was still going to get hot (100) and they didn't want anyone passing out.

After lunch we went to the Vatican museum and St. Peter's Cathedral and the Sistine Chapel.  It was wonderful to see all these things but you were like a salmon caught in a spawning stream.  You were just carried along with the crowd.  No stopping and studying.

Tomorrow I am on to a tour of the Coast of the Cinque Terra, then Provence which will be Marseilles, Cassis and Sanary-sur-Mer.

I don't know if it's worth while without the pictures.


1 comment:

Carol Sc said...

Technology can be so frustrating! I've enjoyed your trip entries.