This was the weekend of our Variable Star Quilt Retreat at Pleasant Lake. These are always so much fun. Time to get some serious sewing done, no cooking, no cleaning, no interruptions. I went with 4 projects: Darryl's quilt, Molly's quilt, our current mystery quilt and a mondo bag project.
Working steadily I finally finished Darryl's top except for the final border. I stopped at a couple of shops on the way home but didn't find what I was looking for so I ordered my border and backing fabric when I got home. I have some adjustment to make on one border that doesn't want to lay flat, I think my edge setting triangles are too big, but all in all it is good to have it this far.
Wendy introduced us to these mondo bags. They are built on a gridded fusible web. I think there were four of us, Carol S., Melanie, Barb and I, who were working on our bags. I actually got mine done by Saturday night. It is a little tricky, but if you take your time, it's not too hard. But that meant that I didn't get any farther on poor Miss Molly's quilt. Next week I'm on staycation so I will try to get some time in on her quilt as well as the challenge and the mystery.
The chickens won............
6 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment