Sunday, March 25, 2012

South Carolina

A couple of things from our South Carolina trip.  In looking through my aunt's gardening magazines I came across an unusual piece of artwork.


These old shovel were cut out and I thought there was something very beautiful about them.

When we went to our last quilt retreat in February we stopped at Keans in Mason and mom fell in love with a fabric there.  She had been looking at a new book I picked up called Take 5, which makes quilts using just 5 fabrics.  Plans she had made was to make a quilt for her sister to thank her for her hospitality.  So we rushed to get the quilt made and Wendy quilted it for us, so it was finished by the time we went.  Below is the result and Patricia and Phyllis.



The other thing I discovered in SC were beautiful blue beer bottles.  I had not seen these before, but then I don't spend a lot of time in the beer aisle.  I had run into Bi-Lo to just get some beer for us that evening and I spotted these.  I figure that they will work great for my garden whimseys.



No comments: