Saturday, December 10, 2011

Holiday baking

Finally feeling better and doing the worst thing someone watching their weight should do, filling the house with baking. But since I need every cookie for gifts it makes it easier not to give into temptation. Last weekend I did a new chocolate cookies with Andres peppermint & white chocholate chips in them. Today I baked a new cookie with oats and flour, pecans, bitter sweet chocholate and shaved milk choclate. I think they look pretty good. See.

Also made some Russian tea cakes which I have never made before but have enjoyed..

I also mixed up a batch of my old standby "refrigerator cookies". This makes a large batch, so I split it and put toffee bits in half and almonds in the other. These will get baked up tomorrow at mom's house. All I have left is chocolate dip some pretzels and marshmallows. That should be enough holiday baking.

1 comment:

Carol Sc said...

Looking at them makes my mouth water. Probably not doing much baking this year --- oh well --- we all will survive.