I hope that all of you had a great holiday. I ended spending 3 days in Portland instead of just 2. But we got a lot accomplished. Thanksgiving was just Mom, Dennis and I. And of course mom had been secretly cooking all week so instead of going over to the VFW we ate at mom's house. Then a little card playing and a walk on the new walking trail near my mom's house.
Friday was the day to get down to work on Jennifer's quilt. I don't think mom was really sure about all the fabrics I had picked but she warmed up to them. So we cut and sewed all day and got all the blocks made and arranged.
Only got one picture because the battery finally ran out in my camera after 2 years.
I started sewing some of the rows together Friday night. We had some debate over the borders. Mom decided that she like the brown polka dot print. So we started out the day by sewing blocks together and then the rows. We took time time out to visit the local quilt shop and found more of the print mom wanted for the border. But while we were out we drove to Lake Odessa to visit the quilt shop there. It ended up being the town holiday craft show day with about 12 sites with vendors. We visited a shop and the antique mall and then headed home. It took until six but we got both borders on and the quilt top is finished. Now it's up to Mom to decide if she want to hand quilt it and have it machine quilted. To be honest we made a queen size and I think it's too big to put up on her quilting frame so it will probably have to be machine quilted.
I also worked on and finished a holiday table runner for the VFW craft show next weekend. I dropped that off on Saturday.
Hope you had a great holiday weekend.
The chickens won............
6 hours ago

1 comment:
Love that quilt --- the scrappiness, simple pattern and the colors (of course, there are few quilts and fabrics that I don't "love"!). ...and, I'm not one bit surprised that your mom did some sneaky cooking.
Post a Comment