Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Fabrics

My mother is in the mode of making "wedding" quilts right now.  My nephew is engaged and in my mother's mind the 2 nieces who aren't engaged yet, but in their 20's are on their way.  For my other niece who has been married for about 5 years, my mother made an embroidered quilt. 

Her preference in quilts is whole cloth quilts or embroidered quilts.  Neither takes cutting or piecing, which she doesn't much enjoy.  Early on my one niece made it known she would like a pieced quilt.  And she was specific about the colors: brown, orange, green and blue.  I know my mother had thoughts of primary colors and that is just not her bag.  This weekend coming home from a retreat, I and a friend stopped at a store and I think I found just the right fabric.  I am ok with the orange background print but think my mom would probably prefer the ivory background, but we'll see.

Guess I'll keep my fingers crossed.

No comments: