Sunday, February 20, 2011

Additional fabric choices

Yesterday was the last day of "Spring". No snow left on the ground and mild temperatures.  But no worries, today winter is back.


Yesterday I went out to Ken & Pamela's to help Pamela stencil a border in Miss Molly's room.  Molly discovered that you could peel off the wallpaper border in her bedroom.  So Pamela decided to stencil a border on.  That's one way to outsmart an almost 2 year old.  Also discovered that for now Molly is in a youth size bed, do guess Uncle Darryl's quilt should get finished first.  Especially since he and Anna have set a May 15 date for their wedding.  Got to get cracking.

Friday night I went to check on fabric for Jennifer's quilt.  Unfortunate the white floral almost totally gone so I opted for the orange floral along with 3 other prints that "go".


Now I just have to decide on a pattern. and maybe find one or two more fabrics, but this is a good start.

We have just one more go around in our block exchange.  Jo let me know that in Fons & Porters Love of Quilting March/April issue they have a Monkey wrench quilt set with plain shirting block between.  I'm doing my blocks in a positive and negative in white on white with my indigo collection.  Here are a few of my blocks.



No comments: