Saturday was the day that I think 1/2 of our guild went to the West Michigan Guild Show, Quilts on the Grand. West Michigan does a great job with their show. I brought my mom and 2 of her friends to the show. All three ladies quilt on quilts for St. Patrick's Parish so they are always looking for ideas. I like WMQG's guild booth where they sell every manner of items related to quilting donated by their members. There were books, quilts, quilts tops, fabrics, magazines. I picked up a few fat quarters from the guild booth. From Everlasting Stitches from Holt, I picked up the new Miss Rosie's Spice of Life Quilts book by Carrie Nelson.
Here are a few photos from the show. I especially liked an exhibit they had of antique red and green applique quilts. I'll put those up first.
 |
I think all of us took a picture of this one. So much fun
|

|
I really liked the border on this quilt. I have never put a pieced or appliqued border on my quilts but would like to start considering it.
After the show we got lunch and headed home. Then mom and I finished putting the borders on an embroidered quilt that she finished. Last weekend we pieced the blocks together and but the borders. Then on Saturday we finished piecing it. Once she gets the backing she'll be able to put it up. She was hoping to get it up before a lot of quilter's head south for the winter. But right now there are 3 church circle quilts up so it looks like it might be just she and I working on it. But that's ok, more quality time with mom. |
No comments:
Post a Comment