Now the flea market is mostly crafts, tube socks and hardly any antiques. But today is Thursday so it's just tourists and quilters. By the time we got here we went to the Blue Gate Restaurant for lunch. Checked to be sure the hotel had our reservation and then went to the quilt show. Following are just a few of the quilts from the show. We were surprised how many King size quilts there were in this show. There were about 150 quilts and maybe 10-13 vendors. I was surprised to see a few ladies from the Capitol City Guild. Evidently at National Quilt Day plans were made by the church where they meet to have a bus trip down to the show. It was nice to see some familiar faces.
I didn't buy too many fabrics at the show. I did get started on a polka dot binge though.
After the show we went to Yoder's and Lolly's. We stayed at the Country Inns and Suites in Shipshewana. In the evening each evening they opened one of their meeting rooms and had it set up so that quilters could come down and visit or work on their projects. I was thinking of going down when the phone in our room rang. I was surprised that it was a friend from the guild who had recognized my truck at the hotel. So we had a nice visit.

1 comment:
Post a Comment