At least a year ago some of my fellow employees and I were discussing at lunch how hard it is to sometimes fit in time for the crafts we enjoy. We have several scrapbookers, quilters, & knitter/crocheters here at work. I proposed that one day a week we reserve a room (as I work at a college) and take advantage of oue lunch hour a week to get something accomplished. We have just started up again as things are settling into a slower pace. Yesterday I brought a quilt that I had gotten cut out for my nephew at our last quilting retreat to start sewing. Rhonda brougt the materials to start cutting out a Trip Around the World quilt.
I picked up the tradition from my Grandma Pline to made a quilt for highschool graduation. She did it for almost every one of her 44 grandchildren. I only have 3 nieces and 1 nephew so that was a more realistic goal for me. I started however with a quilt for my goddaughter, Sarah, who was the last grandchild and who graduated after Grandma passed away. Darryl's quilt was an extra long twin as he was off to college. But the 3 nieces each got a double size quilt. So a few months ago I decided to make him a full size quilt as he just turned 30. But I thought to check with him first and found he was in the market for a queen size bed, so will have to make the quilt bigger.
I have also started making quilts for my family members for their birthdays. So far both my sister-in-laws have received quilts as well as my youngest brother. Mike, the middle brothers birthday is coming up in October I would like to get one done for him as well. His and Darryl's might be the same pattern, only Mike's will be a lap size.
If I can find pictures will try to put them in over the weekend. So much to do and so little time.
Quote for the day:
If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live. Lin Yutang
The chickens won............
6 hours ago

1 comment:
Post a Comment