I thought I had written a post about this quilt but find not. My sister-in-law, Carole, went this fall to an auction that was held after her father's close companion passed away. The lady's mother had been an artist so there was a lot of artwork and more especially quilts in the sale. I believe the family had decided to keep a few of the quilts.
This quilt was dated 1950 and was embroidered with signatures of many people that Carole had known over the years from their farming community. Included on the top were the signature of her mother and both paternal and maternal grandmothers.
The family decided to give the quilt to Carole. It is a great example of signature quilts, 50's quilts which are rare and a great scrapbook containing many memories.
Trying to put this day off due to terrible snow and cold to good use by doing some sewing.
I dug out Saturday and that has all blown in again. And they are warning against going out today to shovel. So I guess I will see what tomorrow brings. Keep warm everyone.
The chickens won............
6 hours ago

1 comment:
Interesting ---my DIL's maiden name is Schwab --- related? I don't know. I, too, am confined to home!
Post a Comment