Sunday, September 29, 2013

AQS quit show in Grand Rapids

Well, it has only been about a month since the American Quilters Society show in Grand Rapids.  It is one of the large national shows held here and it's great that it's so close.  When the Grand Rapids guild visited one of the Capitol City Guild meetings asking for volunteers, I thought why now.  I volunteer for 2 1/2 hours and get free admission ($14) so why not? 

I met Friday night with my roommate from my June trip to Ireland.  Mickey and her friend decided that Grand Rapids was closer than Des Moines so they came to the GR show.  After work Friday I hot footed it to GR to meet them for supper.  I got to meet her friend and here about her extra week in Northern Ireland after the rest of us headed home.  It was good to see her again.

 
 
Following are a few of the quilts I enjoyed see.
 
This quilt was in the area where I "white gloved" AQS author's quilts area.  Bought the pattern.

















 


No comments: