Friday, July 19, 2013

Day 13, June 13, Lisburn and Belfast

This morning we headed from Dublin to Belfast, in Northern Ireland.  It was about an hour trip, but we stopped in Lisburn at the Linen Center and Museum.  We were there a good bit before our tour was scheduled to we grabbed lunch on the recommendation of a local and then I went to hit 3 charities shops I had spotted.  At one charity shop I found a shirt to buy to bring home.  I will take it apart as Bonnie Hunter does and use the fabric in a quilt to remember this trip. 

I also went down the street  to a clothing store and picked up a couple of new tops.

 
 
The tour of the Linen Center was very interesting.  There was even a docent spinning flax into thread.  Bonnie and I think Celine got a chance to try it.
 
Then we headed out for Belfast.  Noel decided rather than doing the panoramic tour himself, he picked up a tour guide he knew to give his local perspective on Belfast and "the troubles".
 
We saw many of the famous murals that exist in Belfast.
 
 
 






This was a whole street of homes that were slated for destructions.


 
Last building we went by was the new Titanic experience.  Quite a cool new building.

No comments: