Sunday, April 28, 2013

Craft class

Saturday I took a class at the MSU recycling center of how to recycle wine bottles.  The class taught us how to cut the bottom's off of bottles, add mosaic tile and use them as shades on votives.  Though expensive the class included a bottle cutter, mosaic nippers,  safety glasses, nippers, the copper hanging aparatus and 2 wine bottles. 

I took stained glass classes through MSU Evening college 30 years ago, but was living in an apartment to couldn't really do it much.  There were about 14 of us in class.  This is a picture of the class sample.


I'll put up a picture of mine when I finish the mosaic.

The new recycling center on campus is really a neat place.  Near the bathrooms was a sign showing how they use collected rain water for the toilets to conserve water, and there was this display in the lobby area.




1 comment:

Carol Sc said...

Very cool --- somehow I don't see the bunch of us doing this, but I appreciate the final product!