Monday, February 27, 2012

What now. . .

I know I have been negligent in keeping up.  And now I'm behind and don't know what to talk about first. I have been helping my mom with a couple of quilt projects and 2 of them are at the quilter's now.  Although my mom has been a hand quilter her whole life, I think now that she has had a couple machine quilted she sees the benefit of getting things done a little quicker.  And a few years ago she finished her heirloom quilts for I and my brothers.  So now rather than suffering with her hands, it's just as good to get them machine quilted.

At Christmas time I saw a great tutorial in Quilts in the Barn on doing a sort of pinwheel block.  I figured it would be a great way to use up some of my old 80's christmas fabrics and benefit the VFW.
The tutorial is here:
http://quiltsinthebarnaus.blogspot.com/2011/12/christmas-twister-quilt-and-bonus-quilt.html

These were the fabrics I pulled out of my stash to give it a try:


Then using the ruler I modified according to the tutorial, here is the wallhanging I ended up with:

I think these would sell well. And now that I've done one I know better what to look out for in color placement.

Well at least this has been an update.  Upcoming subjects estates sales and retirement volunteer opportunities.

1 comment:

Carol Sc said...

Thank you, Jackie! I knew I had seen this tutorial somewhere --- didn't write down the site, cause I would remember it!! --- NOT! I did not want to buy another specialty ruler, but wanted to try the method --- will do it someday (maybe!).