Saturday, September 11, 2010

Dying Dilemma

So here is my current dilemma.  Tuesday night the Variable Stars are going to be dying fabric again. I have finally found a pattern that I would like to use to use my previous and present hand dyed fabrics.  The pattern is out of the June 2010 The Quilt Life.  Pattern is Summer Night Sky by Elsie Campbell.



I have my previously dyed fabrics from the last 3 or 4 times we have dyed.








I have my dye kit ready to go.



And my EIGHT yards of dye ready cotton.

Now I just have to decide what size I am cutting my 8 years into.  Fat quarters? half yards? Fat eights?
The pattern calls for 56 fat eights.  I need to look over the colors that I already have and try to figure out what colors I need more of or more variations of.  Guess I have some homework to do before Tuesday night, plus I have an exchange block to get done. Oh boy, fun and games.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

I think it is so cool that you, Linda and Bonnie are getting into dyeing your own fabric! I can't wait to see the projects from your dyed fabric.