Sunday, August 1, 2010

Ann Arbor quilt show

Saturday started out with water aerobics  at 9 and then mowing the lawn after I got home.  Yesterday was the Ann Arbor quilt show.  So after mowing the lawn I was once again on the road by myself.  The show was very nice.  Here are a few of my pics.

Possible idea for hand dyeds we are going in October.






Quilty by Carol Harris.
Art Deco Engineer made by Sandy Aasgaard.

Jo, this one is for you.



It was a nice show with quite a few vendors.  Bought a few fat quarters for a polka dot quilt I'm planning and some black on black for a red, white and black quilt that's coming.

I tried tried to find the Trader Joe's market in Ann Arbor but didn't have much luck finding it.  So instead I went to the Home Goods store in Brighton.  Got turned on to this store by a couple of blogs I check.  I think spent a couple of hours looking and looking.  If I didn't have the bed of the truck still full of garage sale left overs I would have bought a black leacher arm chair that wsa on clearance.  Picked up a nice frame for a scherenschnitte that I picked up at the quilt show, along with some drawer sachets and some really nice soaps for Christmas.



So it ended up being an enjoyable day.

2 comments:

sophie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Carol Sc said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures, Jackie. I couldn't attend the show this year --- a family reunion and end of "nun's vacation" interfered. I always enjoy that show --- maybe next time. Have yet to make it to the Home Store --- one of these days!